Sunday, February 6, 2011

A note from Tasha

On a day as significant as the anniversary of his death, it is hard not to recall memories of my dad.
In particular, I remember performing the daunting task of washing the dishes-alone, I might add. Generously, dad helped out by drying whilst I washed. We listened to the radio and joked around, which made the chore aspect less noticeable. As we finished up, he said to me,
"You know, when you are older, it is moments like these that you are going to remember. I wish I had more chances to do the dishes with my dad."

Of course, being a kid whose only current thoughts were comparing the task of dish washing to child labor, I brushed it off with something akin to "Uh-huh. Sure."

Today especially, it is hard to ignore that statement, and impossible to deny that there is nothing I want more than to do the dishes with him again. Today on his anniversary, I think it crucial that we all appreciate all the little things we get to do with our loved ones today.

No comments:

Post a Comment