Monday, November 9, 2009

A Bump In The Road

After that wild roller coaster ride last week, Dennis was readmitted to the hospital on Friday. Even though weekends are always quiet in hospitals, Dennis' doctor was determined to figure out why he was not able to keep down even water. The antibiotics seemed to be the culprit, but it would take a few days for them to clear out of his system so Dennis got to sit out the weekend in a hospital bed. By Monday he was beginning to feel stronger and able to drink clear liquids. A series of upper GI tests today showed that everything was working just fine, confirming the doctor's suspicion that the antibiotics were causing all these problems. Dennis is feeling stronger now that he able to take some liquid nutrition.

We were so fortunate to have Steffen here to help us through the weekend, and to have fantastic food supplied by Rosemarie Green. The bump in the road is smoothed by the kind acts and caring thoughts of so many in our lives, for which we are so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca and Dennis.

    I am so grateful that you have created this blog. I and everyone at work have Dennis in our constant thoughts. It has been very difficult here without his guidance and humor. Frank and I often ask ourselves- "What would Dennis do?" and enjoy invoking some of our favorite Dennisisms in conversation. Yesterday, I think it was "I understand everything that you're not saying."

    I wish you and your family continued strength and courage.

    Best,
    Maribeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Note from Dennis:

    I feel honored Maribeth, to have my comments on the world elevated to the status of an "ism." I didn't realize anyone was really listening!

    I so miss being in midst of the office frenzy, sharing our daily isms, where ever they dropped from. I think of you all every day, grateful for the support you have shown.

    I hope you can clearly hear what I am not saying in this note. With best wishes, Dennis

    ReplyDelete